Sunday 7 October 2012

Leona!


It felt like quite a biggie when I was asked to style Leona Lewis for Fabulous. She's just one of those people that is so talented and gorgeous, you don't want a thing to go wrong. She's a pretty big star too, and you kind of get that vibe when you meet her. Something a bit special about this girl.

Theme of the shoot was metallics, so I whipped up a quick moodboard prior to the shoot. Loads of great inspiration for this one...


I felt a bit nervous on the shoot, which I haven't done in years, and there were quite specific instructions as to what she would and wouldn't wear. Plus as a strict vegan all leather/feather/pleather was out. Actually this was harder than it seems. Despite trying to remember this whilst selecting pieces for her I still managed to present leather and feather to her. How could I forget where feathers some from? BIRDS, Chloe. Cue my assistant hurriedly hiding a few things...

Leona's rail of metallic delights. (Feathers removed shortly after photo was taken...)


Jewels for LL. Again, feathers removed shortly after photo was taken...




Great selection of vintage accessories from Winchester Vintage. Thanks Charlotte! And no feather to hide - whoop!


I got that buzz... the one that makes me love my job more than anything...a few shots into the day when Leona put on the Andrew Majtenyi dress she wore for the cover. She worked it and we ended up with this amazing cover, out today...



And here's just some of the other great shots by photographer Elisabeth Hoff...


Leona shines in Maria Grachvogel






Leona was happy to mix designer with High Street. Shoes from Schuh.


And then with hardly time to breathe it was on to the next celeb shoot that was going to be a potentially tricky one...

No comments:

Post a Comment