Wednesday 24 October 2012

A sneak peek at Adidas SS13


I don't usually hyperventilate about sportswear unless I'm in it and I've done one too many laps of the park, mainly because when it comes to editorial shoots it can be, well, a little too boring and functional for my liking.

But today's sneak preview of Adidas' S/S13 range at their Covent Garden head office proved to be anything but boring. In fact, quite the opposite.

I was bowled over by the blast of 90s colour and print in the fantastic Originals Blue range. It zooms you right back to 90s after-school American TV - Saved By The Bell, Fresh Prince, Boy Meets World... it all came flooding back. (Remember Topanga? We did today!) A real hit of retro sunshine on a very grey London day.

Stand-out as always was Jeremy Scott's new range for Spring. We've had teddy bears, now it's pink poodles on trainers. Wow. Also in the range is cool basketball tops, crazy prints and cut out jackets that basically make me want to phone Rihanna and tell her all about them. (And then maybe subtley ask to style her for a glossy cover shoot?)

The new Stella McCartney range was beautiful. Sheer fabrics, pastel shades and botanical print, designed to be worn layered so colour shows through. Now that's the kind of gear I want to be running in next Spring.

Spring's Y-3 collection was impressive too, with plenty of acid colour pops and tropical print within the perfectly-designed futuristic range. With it's trademark strong silhouettes this really is sports luxe at it's finest. A bit more out of the everyday price range, but worth it.

So then sportswear, I take it all back. You CAN be amazing!



Jeremy Scott's fabulous high fashion range.

Poodles! Pink poodles! 

Jeremy Scott's trademark wings.

Insanely amazing.


Oh my God! I want to shoot this.

Original 90s Adidas ad - inspiration for Spring.

Stella's print parka. Hello Spring 2013.

Amazing lilac metallics by Stella McMartney.

Stella's floral swimsuit. I want to go swimming.

It's all about the girls.

Retro pastels by Stella.

Serious sports luxe.

Tropical print at Y-3.

And finally... some lovely cakes!



No comments:

Post a Comment